The Wisconsin FAIR Plan

Contact Us: Phone: 414.291.5353 Fax: 414.291.5365   


Home About Producers Governing Committee Payment

Other Procedures
Producer Summary
Forms and Endorsements
To Cancel
Report A Loss
Product Coverages
Contact Us
Underwriting Guidelines


The Wisconsin Insurance Plan Association


The Plan has no sales agents.  We use the term producer to refer to the "insurance agent" or licensed intermediary who assists applicants in applying to the Plan.  Producers are not representatives or agents of the Plan.  You are not an agent of the Plan.

Producers Can Not:

  • Act as agents for the Plan.

  • Bind coverage for the Plan.

  • Issue any documents on behalf of the Plan.

  • Alter or change policies issued by the Plan.

  • Settle losses of the Plan.

  • Collect or receive premiums on Plan policies.  Premiums must be received in the Plan's office.

  • Decline or refuse to insure a risk on behalf of the Plan.

  • Act on behalf of the Plan or commit the Plan to any course of action.

Producers Should:

  • Assist applicants to the Plan.

  • Submit properly completed and signed applications to the Plan.

  • Submit proper documentation of rejection with applications.

  • Be familiar with this website.

  • Be licensed to sell insurance on properties in Wisconsin.

  • Follow the rules and procedures of the Plan and Section Ins 4.10 of the Wisconsin Administrative Code.


Commissions are 10% of the policy premium.  They are paid the month after the policy is issued.  For example, if a policy was issued in January, the commission for that policy will be paid in February.  Commission checks are mailed early in the month.

If the Plan pays a return premium to the customer, the commission previously paid to the producer on that return premium must be returned to the Plan.  The commission statement will indicate a payment is due to the Plan.  Failure to remit return commissions may result in a complaint to the Office of the Commissioner of Insurance.




$200,000 Building Limit

  • A one to four family residence either owner or non-owner occupied. (Occupied means the residence has people eating and sleeping in at least 50% of the living units daily).

  • Vacant or unoccupied residences undergoing active rehabilitation.

  • Seasonal dwellings or secondary homes.

  • Dwelling Under Construction or Builder's Risk (provide copy of construction contract indicating final cost with application and advise if the completed home will or will not be occupied by the owner/applicant).

  • The Dwelling must have a market value of around $200,000 or less (Dwelling only - not including lot or other structures)y

  • Renter's personal property.

  • Condominium unit-owners including personal property.

  • Mobile Homes on a permanent foundation.

$200,000 Building Limit

  • A one or two family residence (not three or four or more families).

  • The principal residence of the applicant/owner (applicant/owner eats and sleeps in this home daily*).

  • The Dwelling must have a market value of around $200,000 or less (Dwelling only - not including lot or other structures).

  • Can be a mobile home at a permanent location that meets the above requirements.

$500,000 Limit

  • Commercial Buildings - Occupied (commercial venture operating in building on a daily basis).

  • Commercial Buildings - Vacant or unoccupied undergoing active rehabilitation

  • Commercial Buildings - Under Construction (Builder's Risk). Provide a copy of the section of the construction contract indicating final cost with application.

  • Business Personal Property - For tenants operating a business in a commercial building.

  • The combined value of the Building and Business Personal Property to be insured must have an Actual Cash Value of around $500,00 or less.





Home  |  About Us  |  Producers  |  Governing Committee  |  Contact Us

Copyright © 2015, Wisconsin Insurance Plan. All rights reserved.