With homeownership comes home maintenance. Here are a few reminders about what needs to be checked inside your house each year around this time:
- Check the smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors in your home
- Set ceiling fans to counterclockwise to push air downward
- HVAC systems should get a biannual check up
- Check pipes for signs of leakage and call a plumber if you need help
- Make sure your sump pump is draining properly before a big spring rainstorm
A little prevention can go a long way to protecting your biggest investment, your home.