- Assist applicants to the Plan.
- Submit properly completed and signed applications to the Plan.
- Submit proper documentation of rejection with applications.
- Be familiar with this website.
- Be licensed to sell insurance on properties in Wisconsin.
- Follow the rules and procedures of the Plan and Section Ins 4.10 of the Wisconsin Administrative Code.
- Refer to the Wisconsin Administrative Code section Ins 4.10, especially paragraph (19), for more information.
Commissions are 10% of the policy premium. They are paid the month after the policy is issued. For example, if a policy was issued in January, the commission for that policy will be paid in February. Commission checks are mailed early in the month.
If the Plan pays a return premium to the customer, the commission previously paid to the producer on that return premium must be returned to the Plan. The commission statement will indicate a payment is due to the Plan. Failure to remit return commissions may result in a complaint to the Office of the Commissioner of Insurance.
Producers Can Not
- Act as agents for the Plan.
- Bind coverage for the Plan.
- Issue any documents on behalf of the Plan.
- Alter or change policies issued by the Plan.
- Settle losses of the Plan.
- Collect or receive premiums on Plan policies. Premiums must be received in the Plan’s office.
- Decline or refuse to insure a risk on behalf of the Plan.
- Act on behalf of the Plan or commit the Plan to any course of action.